- Distributes updates over the network
- Update cache saves internet bandwidth
- Clients update without direct internet access
- Included in the Emsisoft Anti-Malware package!
In a corporate environment, imagine a LAN consisting of 100 client workstations. If each of them uses Emsisoft Anti-Malware and downloads up to 50 mb of updates directly from the internet at 9:00am every morning, this results in a considerable overload of the network infrastructure.
Instead of downloading updates from the internet, the clients should get their updates from a proxy that is installed on a server in the LAN. The proxy caches all updates and if an update is already present in the cache, it does not need to download the file from the internet again.
- Caching of all updates for Emsisoft Anti-Malware to prevent multiple downloads of the same files from the Internet.
- Use of custom port number.
- Use of custom IP/port bindings.
- Update logging.
- Configurable cache folder.
- File type filters.
- The Update-Proxy is included in the Emsisoft Anti-Malware package and will be updated by the online update feature. File: a2updateproxy.exe
- Rename the config file "a2updateproxy_default.ini" to "a2updateproxy.ini" in order to use it with the proxy. The "_default" file will be updated by the online update.
- Edit the a2updateproxy.ini if you want to change the cache directory or the proxy port number. Default: Port 8080
- Start a2updateproxy.exe. It asks to install as a service on the first run. Without the service it runs in direct output mode.
- Check if the output says something like [ERROR]. Modify the config file or ask our support if you have problems.
- Start Emsisoft Anti-Malware, go to Configuration -> Update Settings, open the Connection settings, activate the "Use proxy server" checkbox and enter your proxy IP and port number into the fields.
- Run an online update to check if it works. With the first update there will be no noticeable difference to regular updates, but when another client downloads the same update, you should see a significant speed increase.
0 false alerts
Real-World Protection Test
Will it run on my PC?
Yes - assuming that you’re using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012) - with the latest service pack installed. From Vista onwards all features are fully functional on x64 systems too. Emsisoft Anti-Malware Update-Proxy uses only 1-2 MB RAM.